Perception Lead - Requisition #5001
Seattle, WA | Engineering - Software | Full-Time
Vehicle autonomy has the potential to revolutionize how we move and work but up until now has been limited to on road applications. At Overland AI, we’re developing next generation autonomous vehicle solutions for off road environments in sectors including defense, agriculture, construction, wildland firefighting, conservation, and more. Our software, called OverDrive, enables ground vehicles to autonomously navigate unimproved roads and complex natural terrain. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our customers with the most advanced off-road autonomy on the market. Overland AI is headquartered in Seattle, WA.
We are looking for a world-class leader of our perception team to innovate and define the next generation of terrain understanding for off-road autonomous vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture and performance of a perception system to support aggressive off-road autonomous navigation.
- Lead a team of experts to develop machine-learning algorithms for terrain perception with robust implementations in C++ and/or Python
- Work with camera and lidar data, managing datasets to support performance across a wide range of environments
- Strong technical background: PhD in Computer Science or similar with 4+ years industry experience designing and implementing deep neural networks. You have a strong publication history in deep learning, computer vision, or perception for autonomy. You have expertise writing C++ and/or Python code including proficiency with PyTorch. Ideally, you have worked with autonomous robots before including the use of sensors like lidars and cameras and have experience with the ROS 2 middleware.
- Grit: You excel in a small-team atmosphere, taking ownership of problems and working with your colleagues to solve problems across disciplines
- Field-test forward: You enjoy getting your hands dirty and going off the beaten path to see the results of what you are working on.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to relocate to Seattle, WA (preferred)
Overland AI believes in creating a work environment that you look forward to embracing every day.
- Equity compensation
- Best-in-class healthcare, dental and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match
- Parental leave
Interested in applying?