Senior Robotics Software Engineer - Requisition #5002
Seattle, WA | Engineering - Software | Full-Time
Vehicle autonomy has the potential to revolutionize how we move and work but up until now has been limited to on road applications. At Overland AI, we’re developing next generation autonomous vehicle solutions for off road environments in sectors including defense, agriculture, construction, wildland firefighting, conservation, and more. Our software, called OverDrive, enables ground vehicles to autonomously navigate unimproved roads and complex natural terrain. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our customers with the most advanced off-road autonomy on the market. Overland AI is headquartered in Seattle, WA area.
We are looking for experts in robotics and machine learning to join our team to increase the reliability and aggressiveness of off-road autonomous vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Design algorithms for localization, planning, and control with high-performance and well-tested C++ implementations.
- Define and execute full-system field tests to validate the performance of your work.
- Collaborate closely with experts across disciplines to work across the entire stack to improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Strong technical background: MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar with 4+ years industry experience building software. You have expertise writing modern C++ code and managing the builds of complex software in Linux. Ideally, you have worked with autonomous robots before including the use of sensors like lidars and cameras and have experience with the ROS 2 middleware.
- Grit: You excel in a small-team atmosphere, taking ownership of problems and working with your colleagues to solve problems across disciplines.
- Field-test forward: You enjoy getting your hands dirty and going off the beaten path to see the results of what you are working on.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to relocate to Seattle, WA (preferred).
Overland AI believes in creating a work environment that you look forward to embracing every day.
- Equity compensation
- Best-in-class healthcare, dental and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match
- Parental leave
Interested in applying?