Field/Mechanical Engineer - Requisition #5003
Central Washington State | Engineering - Field | Full-Time
Vehicle autonomy has the potential to revolutionize how we move and work but up until now has been limited to on road applications. At Overland AI, we’re developing next generation autonomous vehicle solutions for off-road environments in sectors including defense, agriculture, construction, wildland firefighting, conservation, and more. Our software, called OverDrive, enables ground vehicles to autonomously navigate unimproved roads and complex natural terrain. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our customers with the most advanced off-road autonomy on the market. Overland AI is headquartered in greater Seattle, WA area.
We are looking for a highly-motivated field and/or mechanical engineer to join our team in order to support frequent and aggressive field testing of high-speed autonomous off-road vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Test, maintain, repair, and refurbish high-performance autonomous off-road ground vehicles, often in remote and isolated locations with limited resources.
- Support very frequent field tests: Weekly in Washington (Ellensburg and Yakima Areas), Quarterly at sites elsewhere in the continental United States.
- Design and fabricate components or modify existing parts for off-road vehicles.
- Assume responsibility for safe and efficient field operation of heavy machinery and complex equipment.
- Strong technical background: BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering (equivalent experience can substitute); experience with off-road vehicle operations, maintenance, and modifications; proficiency with metal and woodworking tools; experience with machine shop tools and welding.
- Grit: You excel in a small-team atmosphere, taking ownership of problems and working with your colleagues to solve problems across disciplines.
- Field-test forward: You enjoy getting your hands dirty and going off the beaten path to see the results of what you are working on. You have enthusiasm for spending long days in remote locations in bad weather to complete a field test. You are willing to travel long distances to support remote testing, occasionally on short notice.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to relocate to greater Ellensburg, WA area (preferred).
Overland AI believes in creating a work environment that you look forward to embracing every day.
- Equity compensation
- Best-in-class healthcare, dental and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match
- Parental leave
Interested in applying?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date resume or CV.