Embedded Systems/Robotics Engineer - Requisition #5006
Seattle, WA | Engineering - Software | Full-Time
Vehicle autonomy has the potential to revolutionize how we move and work but up until now has been limited to on road applications. At Overland AI, we’re developing next generation autonomous vehicle solutions for off road environments in sectors including defense, agriculture, construction, wildland firefighting, conservation, and more. Our software, called OverDrive, enables ground vehicles to autonomously navigate unimproved roads and complex natural terrain. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our customers with the most advanced off-road autonomy on the market. Overland AI is headquartered in Seattle, WA area.
We are looking for experts in embedded systems for robotics to develop and manage interfaces to sensors and actuation on aggressive off-road autonomous vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Architect on-vehicle networking to support a wide range of perception sensors.
- Write real-time C++ software to interface with off-the-shelf sensors in mission-critical applications.
- Collaborate closely with a team of multi-disciplinary experts to support reliable autonomous vehicles during testing.
- Strong technical background: BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar with 4+ years industry experience. You have experience with networking and Linux OS necessary to write interfaces for managing time synchronization and data transfer of high-bandwidth sensors. Ideally, you have worked with autonomy development teams before to deliver fielded low-latency and reliable systems. Experience with ROS/ROS 2 and CAN interfacing are a bonus.
- Grit: You excel in a small-team atmosphere, taking ownership of problems and working with your colleagues to solve problems across disciplines.
- Field-test forward: You are passionate about building systems that work in the real world: despite rain, snow, and mud.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to relocate to Seattle, WA.
Overland AI believes in creating a work environment that you look forward to embracing every day.
- The salary range for this position is $65K to $400K annually
- Equity compensation
- Best-in-class healthcare, dental and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match
- Parental leave
Interested in applying?